Thinking about planning a trip to Disney World? If you’re anything like us, then the prospect of spending a day in the magical world of Mickey Mouse makes your heart skip a beat. With three different parks to explore, it can feel overwhelming trying to work out which one is best for you and your crew. But fear not! We’ve got everything you need to know about Epcot — The Ultimate Disney World Guide Series.
Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It is one of the four theme parks at Walt Disney World, in Florida, and was the second to open. The park has since been transformed with new rides, entertainment, and attractions. The park remains a popular choice for guests. It is best suited to those who want to explore the world of science, and it features some of the best entertainment in all of Walt Disney World. If you want to spend a day immersed in culture, art, and architecture, then Epcot is the park for you.
Where is Epcot?
Epcot is located in the Walt Disney World Resort, in Florida. The park is easily accessible by car, bus, or water taxis. It is a short drive from Orlando International Airport, and there are regular transfers available. When visiting Epcot, you will want to make sure you have plenty of time. With so much to see and do, it is easy to get carried away and lose track of time.
How to get to Epcot?
If driving, you will need to use State Route 535.
For those driving from Orlando, you will need to take the Florida Turnpike South, and then take the Turnpike to State Route 535. The drive should take you around 35 minutes.
Arriving by bus, there are buses that travel directly to the park. The ferries also travel to the park from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, and the Swan and Dolphin hotels.
For best directions, please check out google maps.
When is the best time to go to Epcot?
The best time to visit Epcot really depends on what you want to get out of your visit. If you want to enjoy the lovely weather, then you should visit in the summer months. If you want to experience unique events and special menus, then you should visit between October and December. If you want to visit during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, you should go between February and May. If you want to visit during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, you should go between September and November.
Tips for visiting Epcot with kids
- Let your kids choose their favorite ride. They will be much more excited to visit the park if they know they get to do the ride they are most excited about first.
- Take advantage of the character meet and greets. Your kids will love getting up close and personal with their favorite characters.
- Take a break from all the hustle and bustle at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. A trip to this calm and serene place will help you to unwind and enjoy your day.
- Check out Turtle Talk with Crush. It is a really fun show, and your kids will love it.
- Eat at the Sunshine Seasons Food Fair. This is a great place to let your kids choose from a range of different types of food.
- Plan out your day. It is easy to get carried away in the park, and before you know it, your day is over.
- Take part in a tour. There are lots of different types of tours available, and they are a great way of learning more about the park.
The Best Foods In The Park
There are so many different types of food available at the park. It is easy to find something that everyone in your group will enjoy. You will find everything from quick service restaurants, to full-service restaurants, and even food courts. Some of our favorites include:
This is a quick service restaurant that serves up a variety of different sandwiches and salads. The kids menu includes a choice of macaroni and cheese or chicken strips.
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
This is a full-service restaurant serving up a wide range of different Norwegian dishes. There is a kids menu available, and the restaurant is themed around princesses and princes.
This is a table service restaurant that serves up a range of different types of seafood. The kids menu includes the choice of a fish or a chicken sandwich, and the restaurant is themed around marine life.
Epcot Food and Wine Festival
There is a special event restaurant serving up a range of different dishes that are only available during the food and wine festival.
For those who are interested in checking out the Epcot food and wine festival, it will be Fri, Sept 23, 9:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. Mark your calendars!
Biergarten Restaurant: Dinner And A Show
The Biergarten Restaurant is the place to go if you want dinner and a performance while dining at EPCOT. The family-style, all-you-can-eat Biergarten Restaurant is situated in the Germany pavilion.
The Shows at Epcot
- There are so many different shows to enjoy at Epcot. Some of our favorites include: - Epcot Seas with Nemo and Friends: This is a really fun show where you can get up close and personal with Nemo and his underwater friends. Your kids will love it.
- Matsuriza: Feel the rhythm. In a stunning exhibition of pure physical endurance, this trio of traditional Japanese drummers plays complex musical arrangements on enormous drums.
- Journey into Imagination with Figment: This is a really fun and silly show where you can meet Figment and Dr. Nigel. Your kids will love it.
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: Enter some of the most captivating stories ever told. You can visit 6 different museum cases in the Palais du Cinema to learn more about the outfits, artwork, and music that were used to bring French literature to life in movies, plays, ballets, and operas. See how these tales influenced writers from all around the world, including those who produced such famous Disney works as Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and - of course - Beauty and the Beast.
The Best Rides at Epcot
- Spaceship Earth: This is a slow-moving ride that takes you back in time and gives you a glimpse into the future. It is a great ride for the whole family.
- Test Track: This is a ride where you get to design your dream car. This ride is suitable for most ages, but it does have a few sharp turns.
- Frozen Ever After: This is a high-speed ride that immerses you in the world of Frozen. It is a great ride for all ages.
- Soarin’: This is one of the most popular rides at Epcot. It is a really fun ride where you soar above some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends: This is a calm ride that is great for younger kids.
If you want to experience the world of science, culture, and architecture, then Epcot is the park for you. The park is open daily, and it is easy to get to and from, which makes it a great choice for families. With three unique areas, there is truly something for everyone at Epcot. There is lots of fun and excitement to be had, and it is easy to make a day of it. Whatever you do, make sure you have your camera ready. You will want to remember every magical moment.
Our Best Vacation Homes Near Epcot
This beautiful 5 bedroom house has a flat screen TV with cable in each room. Star wars and Harry Potter Themed rooms your kids and comes with a private pool and jacuzzi with a child safety fence. And so much more.
Exquisite 6 bedroom vacation home with a private pool and jacuzzi. For any family wanting privacy, comfort and a GAMEROOM. This is the place for you and your family.